The City Council of Granada- Youth Office, and The International Jazz Festival of Granada with the collaboration of the Granada Jazz Cultural Association and Andalusian Record Companies Association (AEDA), with the intention of favouring the diffusion of Jazz and at the same time the image of young musicians, have agreed to promote the IV International Contest of Jazz Performers for the year 2005 in conformity with the following CONDITIONS:
The competition is open to all jazz soloists and bands who reside in any of the European Community or Latin America's countries without any restrictions on style and genre.
It has been provided two Awards:
- Best Jazz Band Award or Soloist , worth 6.000 euros in cash and the recording of a record that will be published and distributed by any of the companies associated with AEDA.
- Best Young Band Award or Soloist , worth 3.000 euros in cash.
In order to take part in the Contest, it is necessary to send the following material:
- A demo in CD or DVD format with, at least, three tracks. This must come with information about the tracks and the authors. In case the performer have published before any recording, must send a copy in CD format.
- A report with the following date: name, date of birth, nationality of each one of the musician, instruments they play and an address for correspondence.
- A statement signed by the representative of the band of not having any in force agreement with any production or record company.
These documents and materials must be sent before the 30th of June 2005 to: Oficina Técnica de los Festivales de Jazz de Granada
IV Concurso de intérpretes de Jazz
C/ Horno de Oro, 14
18010 Granada. Spain
Fourth.- Winner Designation Process
1. The selection process will be carry out by a Panel made up of:
- The Youth Councillor of Granada
- The director of the Jazz Festival of Granada
- A representative of AEDA
- A representative of Granada Jazz Cultural Association
- Two jazz specialist critics
A person named by the Jazz Festival, will act as the Panel Secretary.
2. The selection will be made public in September. The decision will be communicated to all the participants and to the media. In any case, the Panel can declare that the prize will not be awarded.
3. The winning bands are obliged to perform in Granada, in the date the Organization decides between October and December of 2005. The Cash Prizes will be handed over the day of the performing.
4. The Organisation will pay the lodging expenses for the winning bands for the Granada performing but the travelling expenses from their residence place to Granada will be at the winning band expense.
Fifth.- CD recording
The place and date of the recording will be decided by a contract between the winner andAEDA. The record will be commercialised during 2006 in CD format, on-line systems and by any other way AEDA considers to be more adequate.
Sixth.- Images Rights
The Organisation is allowed to record and broadcast the performing of the winning band through the audio-visual media, as well as make in summary form and special programmes for promoting the Contest or the Festival. Only to this end, the participants transfer their images with the acceptance of the Conditions, without an express statement.
Seventh.-Acceptance of Conditions
Taking part in the Contest by sending the material stipulated in the third condition implies the acceptance of these Conditions.
For more info:
Oficina Técnica. Festivales de Jazz
Casa Morisca. Calle Horno del Oro, 14
18010 Granada (E)
telf.: +34 958215980 fax: +34 958215982, www.jazzgranada.net