Helsinki Festival is the largest arts festival in Finland, organised annually in late summer. The festival’s aim is to make art accessible for all.
In 2013, the Helsinki Festival is arranged from August 16 to September 1.
The Night of the Arts is arranged on the 22nd of August 2013.
- In 2012, the festival had more than 200,000 visitors.
- The 2012 Helsinki Festival programme line-up featured classical and world music, circus, dance, theatre, a children’s programme, cinema and a range of urban events.
- Helsinki Festival is one of the four main organisers and the coordinator of the Musica nova Helsinki new music festival.
- Helsinki Festival operates under the auspices of the Helsinki Week Foundation, established by the City of Helsinki.
- The executive body of the Helsinki Week foundation is its Board. Members of the Board are elected by the Helsinki City Board to serve a two-year term.
- In 2014, the Helsinki Festival is organised on 15.-31.8.2014.