Arild Andersen – bass
Tommy Smith – sax
Paolo Vinaccia – drums
Tour dates 2013:
January 28 >Febuarry 10 & Febryary 26 > March 12 /on request
The three gentlemen Arild Andersen, Tommy Smith and Paolo Vinaccia released the album
\"Live at Belleville\" in 2008 to great accolade from both the public and the press.
From Andersen, Smith and Vinaccia we can expect a concert in intense interaction with Andersen\'s unmistakably; rich bass tone in the center of it all. Tommy Smith contributes with lyrical perfection and on drums Paolo Vinaccia is complementing the sound with his creativity.
- “The highlight of Tokyo International Jazzfestival 2010 was the Arild Andersen Trio beside the Joshua Redman trio.” - Masahiko YUH, ASAHI
- Arild Andersen was voted European Jazz musician of the Year 2008 by the Academies du Jazz in France for Live at Belleville (2008)
- \"With enough form to lend cohesive shape to the entire set and plenty of freedom to allow Andersen, Smith and Vinaccia to take the music where they will.\" - John Kelman, All About Jazz
- “The whole record: a contemporary masterwork.” - Brian Morton, Moment Notice
- “Best CD of 2008” - Jeff Dayton-Johnson, All about Jazz
- “My Jazz album of the year. Norwegian bass maestro teams up with saxophonist Tommy Smith and Italian drummer Paolo Vinaccia in a trio that is brimming over with compelling ideas and creative invention.” - Kenny Mathieson, Jazz Scotsman
Arild Andersen has been one of Europe\'s leading bass player since the early 70s and up to this date. Andersen started out as a member of Jan Garbarek Quartet. Through the years he has worked with people from the likes of Karin Krog to Sonny Rollins and Chick Corea. He has won numerous awards all over Europe.
More on Arild here: www.arildandersen.com
Tommy Smith\'s special talent was obvious as soon as he appeared on the Edinburgh jazz scene in his early teens. He recorded his first album, Giant Strides, at the age of sixteen in 1983 with drummer John Rae. In the same year he won a scholarship to attend the prestigious Berkley College of Music in Boston. Tommy Smith was awarded with the BBC \'Heart of Jazz\' Award 2008.
More on Tommy here: www.tommy-smith.co.uk
Born in Italy, Paolo Vinaccia has for the past 25 years been living in Norway. Influencing both the Norwegian and the European jazz scene. He is well known for his wizard like abilities on numerous rhythm instruments, as well as the drums. Paolo is a highly sought after studio musicians among the elite in the European jazz scene. He has collaborated to more than one hundred recordings with artists like Palle Mikkelborg, Mike Manieri, Jon Christensen, David Darling, Nils Petter Molvær, Ketil Bjørnstad, Terje Rypdal, Bugge Wesseltoft among others.
More on Paolo here: www.paolovinaccia.com